• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

Contact details of departmental representatives is available.

Main Menu

Interview calls for the post of members of ITAT

Started by Ashish kumar, May 07, 2019, 09:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashish kumar

On 6th July 2018, the Ministry of law and Justice issued a Notification, by virtue of which it has invited applications from professionals for the post of ITAT Members. As per this Notification the members who have completed 10 years of profession and have age between 35 to 50 are entitled for the post of member after facing an interview.
In response to this advertisement around 750 applications were received out of which 600 candidates have been shortlisted for interview.
Now on 3rd May a new development has happened that is only 150 candidates have been filtered out of 600. When the undersigned has enquired the things from reliable sources then it is emerge that only those candidates who have completed 20 years of profession and have some reasonable income are being called for interview. And the rest of the professionals have been out rightly rejected. Now my question to the legal luminaries of the Bar, a bar which has been founded by Great Shri Nani Palkhiwala, that is not injustice to those candidates whose candidature has been rejected out rightly without any interview. Whether it is not violation of fundamental rights of the professional who are eligible as per the provisions of Act and Rules of ITAT.
My humble request is that necessary action in this regard may be initiated otherwise days are not far when only revenue side and judicial services side persons would be appointed. And no body aware that under GST, the area where I am practicing, the new provisions have no space for advocates or CA. Similarly slowly and gradually this practice would come under Income Tax Tribunal also and then only God knows what would happen to a poor assessee who visit ITAT in hope of justice. Since I am a Chartered accountant and not possessing much knowledge of law. I don't know where the remedy lies

Thank you and Jai Hind

vijih

Quote from: Ashish kumar on May 07, 2019, 09:01:42 PM
On 6th July 2018, the Ministry of law and Justice issued a Notification, by virtue of which it has invited applications from professionals for the post of ITAT Members. As per this Notification the members who have completed 10 years of profession and have age between 35 to 50 are entitled for the post of member after facing an interview.
In response to this advertisement around 750 applications were received out of which 600 candidates have been shortlisted for interview.
Now on 3rd May a new development has happened that is only 150 candidates have been filtered out of 600. When the undersigned has enquired the things from reliable sources then it is emerge that only those candidates who have completed 20 years of profession and have some reasonable income are being called for interview. And the rest of the professionals have been out rightly rejected. Now my question to the legal luminaries of the Bar, a bar which has been founded by Great Shri Nani Palkhiwala, that is not injustice to those candidates whose candidature has been rejected out rightly without any interview. Whether it is not violation of fundamental rights of the professional who are eligible as per the provisions of Act and Rules of ITAT.
My humble request is that necessary action in this regard may be initiated otherwise days are not far when only revenue side and judicial services side persons would be appointed. And no body aware that under GST, the area where I am practicing, the new provisions have no space for advocates or CA. Similarly slowly and gradually this practice would come under Income Tax Tribunal also and then only God knows what would happen to a poor assessee who visit ITAT in hope of justice. Since I am a Chartered accountant and not possessing much knowledge of law. I don't know where the remedy lies

Thank you and Jai Hind