• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

ITAT issues guidelines for stay of demand.

Main Menu

Income Tax Tribunal Appeal fees payment

Started by dario_ds, March 28, 2011, 01:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dario_ds

Hi,
How do I pay the fees for appeal at the Tribunal?

advsuhail

Deposit through challan in appropriate bank with the remark tribunal appeal/.... fee

dario_ds

Quote from: advsuhail on March 28, 2011, 01:21:44 PM
Deposit through challan in appropriate bank with the remark tribunal appeal/.... fee
Is it Through challan number 280? where do I tick in payment type? many people on the net say to tick Tax on Regular Assessment(400) but the challan indicates on page 2, point no.4 Self Assessment Tax(300) and where to write the remark?

advsuhail

Challan N0. 280/281 will applicable as per status of Assessee remark can write at any corner of the challan and need not to tick self assessment/advance tax etc.

dario_ds

Can the challan be printed(using dot matrix printer or laser printer is a must) or it has to be purchased ?

advsuhail

Nothing is provided about Printing by dot matric/ Ink Jet or lazer printer or pre printed form is subject to bank acceptance

bhaskar rao

Dear Sir,

I found some material here which is to say as follows:

"Fees for filing appeal before the Tribunal can be paid in any challan applicable to respective assessee by mentioning in the challan that the payment is and for Tribunal fees. If it is last day, Tribunal fees can be paid by cash at the office of the Tribunal"

You can reads the contents here: http://www.itatonline.org/education16.php

Also, I found that there is specimen of the grounds of appeal and how to file an appeal on the site.

Yours faithfully,

Bhaskar Rao, ITP