• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

Contact details of departmental representatives is available.

Main Menu

validity of notices u/s 148A

Started by satyanveshi, April 07, 2022, 07:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satyanveshi

It is observed that public are receiving large number of notices issued u/s 148A of the IT act asking clarifications on various financial transactions entered into by the assessees before the department issuing the reopening notices u/s 148. In this connection, it is observed it is observed that the new section 148A which has come into existence with effect from 01.04.2021 and this section was governed by sec.151A. Further, the new section ie section 151A  is not activated till a notification is issued on 29.03.2022. Since, sec 151A is not activated till 29.03.2022 automatically the new section 148A is also not activated till 151A was activated ie. till 29.03.3022. Since the new section u/s 148A is dormant till 29.03.2022, whether the department can issue notices under a dormant section which was not activated till a notification is issued on 29.03.2022. accordingly, the notices issued u/s 148A before 29.03.3022 are valid in the eyes of law.

secondly, on 29.03.2022, a notification is issued u/s 151A which is enclosed ...

The above notification clearly says the notice u/s 148 should be issued in the faceless manner through automated allocation. But the notices were found to be issued by AOs without being followed the procedure of automated allocation. Under these circumstances whether the said notice issued by normal AOs without following the procedure of automatic allocation and without following faceless procedure are valid in law.

satyanveshi

Though I have posted this query nearly one year back, it didnot attract any attention from the stake holders... Recently, I found a decision of Telangana high court decision in the case of kankanala Ravindra reddy on the same... The notices issued by JAOs without following faceless manner are found to be knocked down by the honourable high court... Other than, Telangana high court any high court has given decision on similar lines or different lines...

satyanveshi

Quote from: satyanveshi on October 04, 2023, 09:15:05 AMThough I have posted this query nearly one year back, it didnot attract any attention from the stake holders... Recently, I found a decision of Telangana high court  in the case of kankanala Ravindra reddy on the same issue.. The notices issued by JAOs without following the procedure of faceless manner are found to be knocked down by the honourable high court... Other than, Telangana high court any other high court has given decision on similar lines or different lines...