• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

IT-Standing Counsels-Handling private briefs-Reforms required

Started by pillysingh, September 06, 2012, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillysingh

Recently I have read in Punjab Kesri dated 4-9-2012 that Hon'ble Law Minister has trimmed the wings of the corrupt ITAT members and hence an honest person has been given the post of President of ITAT. Now my request is that some reforms are also required in the Panel of Department because now in these days it is seen that the counsels of the department are also doing private practice as is evident from the enquiry of the CIT Judicial(Delhi) against Mr. Deepak Chopra who is handling private briefs and presenting assessees before the Tribunal. It has come to the knowledge of the undersigned that this person, while holding the post of standing counsel has also appeared in the case of Ajeet Karan Singh ITA No 28 of 2010 listed before the A bench on 5.12.2011. And when the Bench had enquired from this person about his locus standai, he said he has resigned from the post of standing counsel. This shows the greed of money. The CIT Judicial Delhi has conducted enquiry in this regard however nothing has been done till today. Therefore it is prayed that these types of persons should be debarred from practice because they can mingle themselves with any one and spoil the cases of revenue. This my appeal to Hon'ble Law Minister and Hon'ble Chairman of CBDT and to the Judges of Delhi High Court-

srinivasan

They  are yet to take a decision whether retired mamber of the ITAT can practice and appear before the Tribunal in the same city, and i beleive  that the matter is pending.Morally this should come within the person and any amount of legal restriction cannot work.