Objection/Return in response to Notice 148

Author Topic: Objection/Return in response to Notice 148  (Read 490 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Objection/Return in response to Notice 148
« on: April 14, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »
Dear Sir,

Can you please tell me how can I digitally raise Objection to 148 proceeding?
I did not have salary income in FY 2010-11 only interest income which did not exceed 1 Lakh Rupees.
Now I have received a Notice 148 for AY 2011-12.
I am collecting interest certificates of this period and summing up the total interest income will e filling of the income tax return digitally for AY 2011-12. Even though the tax is zero. Is there something that I should be careful about?

Can I raise an objection to 148 proceeding digitally, if so how can I do it? In grievance section?


Jyoti Gupta

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Objection/Return in response to Notice 148
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »
In my opinion, first you should file return in response to notice u/s 148, with interest income only. Kindly consider the fact that, if return is not filed in time, then other consequences may arise like interest u/s 234B, penalty for not filing the return etc.

Thereafter submit the return along with a letter, stating that the notice is without jurisdiction and the return is filed under protest. Vide the letter also ask for the copies of reasons recorded. After receiving the reasons, objections can be filed.

Various objections can be placed, like:
* Notice is without jurisdiction,
*No approval taken
* Reasons recorded are bad in Law.

Reply can be filed online after logging in your account on incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. You can attach the reply after signing the same.

Jyoti Gupta