• Welcome to itatonline.org Forum.

News:

ITAT issues guidelines for stay of demand.

Main Menu

Objection/Return in response to Notice 148

Started by RS26, April 14, 2018, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS26

Dear Sir,

Can you please tell me how can I digitally raise Objection to 148 proceeding?
I did not have salary income in FY 2010-11 only interest income which did not exceed 1 Lakh Rupees.
Now I have received a Notice 148 for AY 2011-12.
I am collecting interest certificates of this period and summing up the total interest income will e filling of the income tax return digitally for AY 2011-12. Even though the tax is zero. Is there something that I should be careful about?

Can I raise an objection to 148 proceeding digitally, if so how can I do it? In grievance section?

Thanks,
RS

Jyoti Gupta

In my opinion, first you should file return in response to notice u/s 148, with interest income only. Kindly consider the fact that, if return is not filed in time, then other consequences may arise like interest u/s 234B, penalty for not filing the return etc.

Thereafter submit the return along with a letter, stating that the notice is without jurisdiction and the return is filed under protest. Vide the letter also ask for the copies of reasons recorded. After receiving the reasons, objections can be filed.

Various objections can be placed, like:
* Notice is without jurisdiction,
*No approval taken
* Reasons recorded are bad in Law.

Reply can be filed online after logging in your account on incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. You can attach the reply after signing the same.

Jyoti Gupta
(cajyoti1989@gmail.com)

Catomaca

To receive information about this story until I saw it and wanted to occupy.