Question And Answer
Subject: 56[2] vs partial partition HUF
Querist: BKS
Answered by:
Tags: , ,
Date: March 5, 2023
Query asked by BKS
  1. giving of gifts by huf to relatives amounts to partial partition ?
  2. does it need order u/s 171 ?
File Uploaded: Not Available

There is no straight-jacket answer to this question. It is possible for a member/non-member of the HUF to receive gifts from the HUF without attracting section 56(2) of the Income-tax Act, 1961, However, the constitution, nature of the gift and facts of the case have to be examined. A reasonable amount paid for the education , occasion of marriage , medical expenses , order under section is not required .

Disclaimer: This article is only for general information and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers desiring legal advice should consult with an experienced professional to understand the current law and how it may apply to the facts of their case. Neither the author nor and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *