Question And Answer
Subject: AOP regd society/Trust
Querist: Kammy Singh
Answered by:
Tags: ,
Date: March 19, 2023
Query asked by Kammy Singh

The Trust derives income of 2Lakh from immovable property rent only and part of the funds are donated to national causes. No exemption from I.T Comm. had been taken as of yet. Members has no share of undetermined or determined funds. In fact the working is voluntary.

Why CPC applied sec 167 and demand surcharge of 37% total of 42%.

Grievance was file to CPC stating no funds share either determined or undetermined was with the members.

AY 2021-22 & 2022-23 CPC levied surcharge levied at 37%

What to do as to give CPC reply and how the surcharge is eliminated.


File Uploaded: Not Available

You are advised to file an appeal before the National Faceless Appeal Centre within 30 days of the receipt intimation under section 143(1) of the Act and raise the grounds there.

Disclaimer: This article is only for general information and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers desiring legal advice should consult with an experienced professional to understand the current law and how it may apply to the facts of their case. Neither the author nor and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *