Question And Answer
Answered by:
Tags: , , ,
Date: May 4, 2022

Mr. A , who lives in Gurgaon ,is a director in the company located at Gurgaon. A part from receiving Director remuneration he also receives sales commission. from the same company in which he is a director. Further, he also has GST registration in other state , where he files NIL return.

Is Sales Commission received from the company will attract GST from the single amount he gets , as he is having GSTIN in the other state ?

File Uploaded: Not Available

Answer given by

For purpose of registration, section 22(1) provides as under:-
“(1) Every supplier shall be liable to be registered under this Act in the State or Union territory,
other than special category States, from where he makes a taxable supply of goods or services or both, if his aggregate turnover in a financial year exceeds twenty lakh rupees:
Provided that where such person makes taxable supplies of goods or services or both from any of the special category States, he shall be liable to be registered if his aggregate turnover in a financial year exceeds ten lakh rupees.”
The registration liability arises based on Aggregate Turnover. The term ‘Aggregate Turnover’ is defined in section 2(6) as under:-
“(6) “aggregate turnover” means the aggregate value of all taxable supplies (excluding the value of inward supplies on which tax is payable by a person on reverse charge basis), exempt supplies, exports of goods or services or both and inter-State supplies of persons having the same Permanent Account Number, to be computed on all India basis but excludes central tax, State tax, Union territory tax, integrated tax and cess;”
The aggregate turnover is based on All India basis.
Since the director is registered in one of the States in India, it suggests that there is exceeding of aggregate turnover. Once it is so, the director is required to be registered in Haryana also if making taxable supply from such State.

Disclaimer: This article is only for general information and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers desiring legal advice should consult with an experienced professional to understand the current law and how it may apply to the facts of their case. Neither the author nor and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *