Question And Answer
Subject: Deduction under section 80U
Querist: Surendra Mehta
Answered by:
Tags: , ,
Date: June 2, 2023
Query asked by Surendra Mehta

Mr. X is a senior Citizen. Due to BRAIN STROKE her right side is totally paralysed . She can not sit with out help.

Sir ,

Under which section she can get deductios and what papers/documents are required.

File Uploaded: Not Available

As per section 80U of the Act, the assessee is entitled to a deduction on the basis of percentage of disability. The same should be certified by a medical authority as defined in the explanation to section 80 U of the Act.

Disclaimer: This article is only for general information and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers desiring legal advice should consult with an experienced professional to understand the current law and how it may apply to the facts of their case. Neither the author nor and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *