Question And Answer
Subject: Registration of HUF dissolution deed
Category:  ,
Querist: Vidhan
Answered by:
Tags: , ,
Date: August 17, 2022
Query asked by Vidhan

Kolkata based HUF having one land in Delhi. One person gets it with Mutual consent and HUF is dissolved. Now can we register this deed in Kolkata and on basis of this will the sub registrar in Delhi accept the land ownership transfer since old karta can’t travel. If we need any court order do we approach Delhi or Kolkata court.

File Uploaded: Not Available

As per section 17 of the Registration Act, the registration has to be done in the district office where the property is situated. Certain State stamp laws have the requirement of stamping an instrument executed outside the state, within 3 months of it being brought within the state. Therefore, it would be imperative to check the local stamp Act.

Disclaimer: This article is only for general information and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers desiring legal advice should consult with an experienced professional to understand the current law and how it may apply to the facts of their case. Neither the author nor and its affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any inaccurate or incomplete information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon. No part of this document should be distributed or copied (except for personal, non-commercial use) without express written permission of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *