In order to reduce the physical presence of lawyers, litigants and Court staff due to outbreak of COVID-19, IT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED for the information of the Advocates and the parties appearing in-person that the Hon’ble The Chief Justice has been pleased to nominate the following Hon’ble Judges to hear the matters at the Principal Seat at Bombay, through Video Conferencing, with effect from 31st August 2020 to 30th September 2020 :-
On 3rd, 8th, 10th , 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 29th September 2020
11.00 a.m to 2.00 p.m and 3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
|Present sitting||APPELLATE SIDE & ORIGINAL SIDE MATTERS|
|The Hon’ble Shri Justice
The Hon’ble Shri Justice
|For admission, hearing and order matters therein:
(A) All Appeals, Writ Petitions, References and Applications in Maharashtra VAT, Sales Tax, Foreign Trade (Regulation and Development) Act, 1992 including FERA, FEMA.
(B) All Appeals, References and Applications under Indirect Taxes under Central Acts.
(C) Writ Petitions in indirect tax matters under Central Acts and State Acts (including Excise Duty, Customs Duty and Service tax)
(D) Writ Petitions, Appeals and References under Direct Tax Laws.
(E) Chartered Accountant References.
N O T E
1) It is clarified that the assignment as above shall continue with the Hon’ble Judges between 31st August 2020 and 30th September 2020.
2) In the event of non availability of any Court as also in the event of any Court passing order for not placing the matter before any Court, then the matter be placed before the Court as per Standing Order Notice w.e.f. 31st August 2020.
3) In respect of pending matters, the Praecipe should be forwarded on the email address mentioned against the Court, 48 hours (excluding holidays) before the date of proposed listing. If the matter is not listed, then it is deemed that the Bench has declined for circulation of matter.
4)The matters mentioned for admission, hearing and orders will be listed before the Hon’ble Court only after receipt of the Praecipes.
5) The Special Procedure for virtual hearing is published on Bombay High Court Website for the information of Advocates and Parties-in-person.
6) The Advocates and parties-in-person should follow strictly the instructions in the Special Procedure.