The CBDT has issued an important directive dated 22nd November 2018 to the Pr CCsIT and DGsIT regarding requests for exchange of information from field offices of time barring assessment cases.
Government of India
Ministry of finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes (Foreign Tax & Tax Research Division-IV)
7th floor, ‘C’ Wing
Hudco Vishala Building,
Bhikaji Cama Place.
New Delhi, dt. 22 November, 2018.
1. All the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
2. All the Director General of Income Tax (Inv.)
Sub: Request for Exchange of Information from field offices of time barring assessment cases — reg.
The undersigned is directed to state that large number of requests for Exchange of Information (EOI) in time barring assessments/matters are received in FT&TR Division just before the time barring date. It becomes difficult to process and forward such requests after due scrutiny to the Foreign Competent Authority in time. Further, in many cases the EOI requests are not properly drafted/ prepared and modification of these requests by the field officers is required.
2. You are therefore requested to direct officers concerned to send all requests for exchange of information getting time barred on 31.12.2018 to FT&TR Division latest by 30th November,2018. In this manner, deficiencies, if any, can be removed and modified/correct EOI proforma can be sent to the Foreign Competent Authority in time.
3. You are requested to bring this to the notice of all the officers.
4. This issues with the approval of Chairman, CBDT.