BOOK RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT
ITAT Bar Association, Mumbai, and the All India Federation of Tax Practitioners have jointly published a Book titled “Income Tax Appellate Tribunal – A Fine Balance – Law, Practice, Procedure and Conventions – Frequently asked questions”, dedicated to Padmavibhushan Late Dr. N. A. Palkhivala, Sr. Advocate.
A research team of lawyers, chartered accountants and an editing team consisting of Senior Advocates and Advocates who are regularly appearing before the ITAT have made their contributions in this publication.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra, Chief Justice of India
Hon’ble Justice Mr. Dipak Misra, Chief Justice of India, has released the said publication on 2-12-2017 at Jabalpur.
A few words about the publication by the Hon’ble Chief Justice:
“As I see from the contents of the book, it includes, inter alia, chapters on powers, duties and procedure of the Appellate Tribunal, Conventions, reference to various Committees’ Reports on Direct Taxes and Articles, Code of Ethics and Case Laws. It will, undoubtedly, be a loyal friend to tax professionals as well as others for its content and accuracy”
This is a unique publication compiled in a question-answer format explaining the provisions, laws, conventions etc. answering around 406 questions by giving references to relevant case laws on the respective subject.
The publication is divided into 36 Chapters viz. Income tax Appellate Tribunal, including subjects such as:
– Representation before the Appellate Tribunal,
– Check list for filling appeal,
– Specimen ground of appeal, Stay application and Miscellaneous Application,
– Reference to Finance Acts and Circulars explaining the provisions since 1936 to 2017,
– Conventions to be followed by the members of the Bar,
– Minutes of the Meetings with Hon’ble Presidents and Vice –Presidents and the discussions with respect to various issues faced and the amendments in procedures following such discussions (which will not be available any of the publications or websites),
– Suggestions made by Registrar of ITAT from time to time,
– ‘My “Ideal” Tribunal member’ and ‘Is court reference is formality’, by S.E.Dastur, Sr.Advocate,
– ‘Principle of good representation before ITAT’, by Dr. K. Shivaram, Sr. Advocate (which contains about how Mr. Palkhivala, who hailed from a humble middle class working family, became one of the greatest lawyer and legends of our country, Persuasive Skill of Mr. R. J. Kolah, High Reputation of Mr. S.P. Mehta, hard work of Mr. D. M. Harish and many more practical tips to achieve success in tax litigation practice)
– Do’s and Don‘ts (Do not argue loudly)
This scholarly publication will be a useful reference for the Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, Tax Practitioners, Departmental representatives, to better understand the law and procedure relating to Appellate Tribunal.
This publication would be an invaluable treasure in the library of tax professionals.
The price of publication is Rs. 1,250
For members of the AIFTP, ITAT Bar Association and subscribers of www.itatonline.org, the same will be available at a price of Rs. 1,000/- and for others, the same is available for Rs. 1,050/-.
Local/Outstation members requiring delivery of the book are requested to add Rs 100/- per publication as courier charges. Please make all drafts payable to “All India Federation of Tax Practitioners”.
For further details please contact:
Mr. Ravindra Patade, Manager,
All India Federation of Tax Practitioners
215, Rewa Chambers, 31, New Marine Lines, Mumbai – 400 020.
Tel. No. 2200 6342 / 4970 6343 / 2200 6343 • E-mail : email@example.com